The hybrid customer experience: 3 key challenges for companies

With uncertainty around prices, supply chain and shopping habits, investing in a hybrid customer experience model that reaches different consumers in unique ways has never been more important. However, challenges to implementing this strategy are persistent across industries and businesses.

The hybrid customer experience: 3 key challenges for companies

To better assess the struggles companies are facing in providing this seamless customer journey, Alyssa Trenkamp, VP of Marketing Communications at Uberall examined consumer expectations for online and offline interactions with brands and how critically important it is for businesses to adapt to these expectations. 

Understanding customer expectations is a high priority post pandemic

70% of companies surveyed say that understanding customer expectations is a higher priority today than it was before the pandemic. And yet, 64% say that having a holistic understanding of the customer journey is a real challenge that they are struggling to overcome. So, while companies recognise the need to anticipate and understand consumer habits as an essential element to remain competitive, it is very difficult for them to apply it in practice. This consciousness allows us to ask the right questions about the strategy to adopt and the tools to use to encourage commitment and loyalty. 

Have a unified approach to create seamless and transparent hybrid customer experiences

In organizations where customer service teams are dispersed, there is a high risk of fragmentation of the customer experience. According to the study, 25% of customer relationship activities are outsourced and the remaining 75% are managed internally by several departments. Additionally, most companies use a collection of standalone solutions to manage their customer journey. It's easy to see how essential it is for companies to break down the silos between departments and systems, thereby positively impacting the fluidity and quality of the customer experience offered by a brand.

Integrating digital in-store: a difficult necessity

As the buying journey continues to evolve, consumers seek the digital convenience they have become accustomed to during the pandemic. They intermittently switch between the store and the brand’s digital channels, so offering a hybrid customer experience has become an absolute imperative for businesses. This is confirmed by 73% of executives who find that building digital capabilities in physical locations is more important than before the pandemic. Nevertheless, 45% of them say that integrating these innovations is one of the most challenging tasks. By adopting a platform that addresses marketing and customer experience needs, organizations will be able to turn this around: they will make it easy and enjoyable for customers to do business with them, ultimately gaining their trust and loyalty.  

Companies that fail to address these challenges risk missing out on the opportunity to create seamless hybrid experiences that meet today’s customer needs. Meanwhile, businesses that can get it right with a unified approach will reap the rewards and set themselves apart from the competition.

These are findings from its latest study commissioned to Forrester Consulting, called “Reignite Growth with Hybrid Customer Experiences”. The study focuses on customer expectations for online and offline interactions with brands and how critically important it is for businesses to adapt to these expectations. 

 


Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles and free email bulletins

Register
Already registered?
Sign in

MORE IN DEPTH

LATEST NEWS