The victors reflect outstanding work across a number of product sectors, alongside awards for the best people, agencies, innovations and teams.
More than 90 shortlisted finalists across 22 categories were selected by a judging panel made up of industry leaders and experts.
This year’s Grand Prix was awarded to Essence for its outstanding work with the International Olympics Committee, for “fusing creativity and data for the most digitally enhanced Olympics ever”.
Judges praised the work for reigniting customer interest in a sporting event that had been postponed by the pandemic.
“If this campaign hadn’t happened the Tokyo Olympics would not have been so popular globally,” said one judge. “This is a really great example of fusing creativity and data in really innovative ways against a tough brief.”
The panel was so impressed with the quality of entries that they created a new category; the “Breakout Growth and Innovation award” which was awarded to Performics @ Starcom for its hugely impressive work optimising Domino’s local search strategy.
Judges comments for the work included: “Finally a last mile company getting their slice of the lunch versus the fast food delivery platforms. Really good example of data and technology applied at the local scale to deliver outstanding results for Domino’s.”
Other winning entries included work from Asda, Specsavers, Samsung, M&S, Boots and Primark.
The agency of the year award went to Essence while Performance Pioner was awarded to Matthew Canner Performics @ Starcom, who “showed all round expertise, goes the extra mile to drive innovation in his field and great leadership skills in against an environment of tough talent shortage,” according to the judges.
The awards were announced at a glamorous ceremony at Grosvenor in London and were supported by our partners Partnerize and Vitality.
The full list of 22 winners (plus two judges choice awards) are listed below, follow this link for an in-depth look at the story behind each winning campaign.
- Ad Tech Innovation: Specsavers Optical Group Ltd. Using real-time instore data to boost Specsavers' sales In collaboration with MG OMD
- B2B: Performics @ Starcom Starcom & P&O: Setting Sail for Digital Maturity P&O Freight
- Data & Insights: Making Science UK Connecting advertising performance with business outcomes through data, MrQ
- Direct To Consumer: Precise TV Precise TV & Decathlon: Partnering to achieve an 11x ROAS on YouTube ads, Decathlon E-Commerce &
- Social Commerce: Rakuten Advertising and Student Beans Rakuten Advertising and Student Beans for Weekday – Authentically Engaging Students through TikTok Weekday
- Email Marketing: Flourish Direct Marketing Ltd A 'Note-worthy' Launch Campaign for Samsung Galaxy S22 Series Samsung Gulf
- Ethical/Sustainable Initiative: Sharethrough Sharethrough & Scope3 - Launch of Green PMPs Scope3
- Growth Marketing: Go Inspire Group Driving business-wide growth with myLakeland Club data, Lakeland
- Influencer Marketing: Essence, Digitas & Saatchi & Saatchi, EE Phonesmart: Winning parent trust to help kids to be safe and kind online EE
- Integrated: SHC Digital Level Up With UCB University College Birmingham
- Lead Generation: Go Inspire Group Laser focused fibre to premise lead generation and acquisition TalkTalk
- Marketing Innovation: Essence The IOC: Fusing creativity & data for the most digitally enhanced Olympics ever The International Olympics Committee
- Mobile & App Marketing: Incubeta An Omnichannel Approach to App Engagement and beyond - Incubeta for M&S Marks & Spencer
- Paid Search: Spark Foundry Location, Location, Personalisation: Using Scripts To Activate A Local Search Strategy Asda
- Paid Social: Essence The IOC: Fusing creativity & data for the most digitally enhanced Olympics ever. The International Olympics Committee
- Partner & Affiliate Marketing: MediaCom and Awin Awin, Boots UK & MediaCom: Prepped, Primped and Primed for Peak Boots UK
- Purpose: Tug Making the complex topic of climate change inspiring, accessible and understandable to everyone WWF
- Team Of The Year: Essence Team Connect: Helping BT Elevate Its Brands Since 2018 BT and EE
- Retail: Performics @ Starcom PRIMARK: Styling New Digital Wardrobe With Data Primark
- SEO: Performics @ Starcom Starcom & Domino’s: Pizza With a Healthy Side of Search Domino's Performance Marketing
- Agency Of The Year: Essence
- Performance Pioner: Matthew Canner Performics @ Starcom
- Breakout Growth and Innovation award - Judge's Choice: Performics @ Starcom Starcom & Domino’s: Pizza With a Healthy Side of Search, Domino's
- Grand Prix - Judge's Choice: Essence The IOC: Fusing creativity & data for the most digitally enhanced Olympics ever. The International Olympics Committee
Highly Commended awards
With such high quality on display from the 90 entries, the judges decided to allocate a ‘Highly Commended award’ in the following categories:
- Ad Tech Innovation: BrightBid.ai BrightBid: AI engine driving 20%+ conversion lifts in Google Search BrightBid.ai
- Data & Insights: Performics @ Starcom STELLANTIS: Driving Human & Artificial Intelligence Stellantis
- Marketing Innovation: Croud & The Trade Desk Cutting carbon emissions and Costs Per Acquisition since 2021 BrewDog
- Paid Social: RocketMill Turning the sports nutrition market inside out with "Greatness Inside" Performance Marketing
- Agency Of The Year: RocketMill The UK's largest employee-owned agency
- Purpose: Essence, Digitas & Saatchi & Saatchi EE Phonesmart: Winning parent trust to help kids to be safe and kind online EE
- SEO: Performics @ Starcom Starcom & Trafalgar: The World on a Plate Trafalger
- Team Of The Year: iCrossing UK Audience Intelligence Team iCrossing UK
But that’s not all. Following the success of the UK awards, PMW is now launching its Global Awards - open to entries from anywhere in the world. Enter our new global awards here